• Welcome to the Official News Site of ACHS

The news site of Andover Central High School

Andover Central Spotline

Swimmers dominate Hutchinson meet

Colton Trowbridge, Spotline Sports Writer

The boys swim team competed against seven other teams at Hutchinson on Tuesday, and took home the gold medal. The team placed first overall and put in a good showing.

“The team did amazing,” senior Arman Meinecke said, “we are really well rounded in all events, especially distance and sprints.”

Along with the team’s first place finish came quite a few individual victories. Spencer Krueger, senior, won all four of his events.

“I participated in the 200 yard freestyle, the 50 yard freestyle, the 200 yard medley relay, and 400 freestyle relay,” Spencer Krueger said, “I think that the team did really well, considering that last time we went Hutch we didn’t place as well as we did this time. It was really nice to see the team’s improvement.”

While individual races went well, Meinecke felt that the best part of the tournament was the team’s relays.

“I think my relays went great but my individual races could have gone better,” Meinecke said.

The team consists of both athletes who have been competing for years as well as new additions to the sport, including Sam Thomas, sophomore.

“This is my first year swimming,” Thomas said, “It is a lot of work but its fun,”

Veteran swimmers on the team have high hopes for the team and their continued improvement.

“We’ve seen a lot of the same teams so to beat McPherson was really nice for us to see the improvement over the season,” Krueger said.

The boys’ next competition is on Saturday, February 11 at Maize South.